Sunday , 20 April 2014
Trust And Believe

Trust And Believe

“Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.”

― Stephen R. Covey

Trust according to the dictionary means: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. One in which confidence is placed. Everyone wants to be trusted and everyone wants someone they can trust, however at least 95% of the people in the world have been betrayed and hurt, the other 5% is babies and children. 

Relationships of any kind are just as imperfect and unpredictable as humans, but they say trust is the key, trust is the glue which is true in my opinion, however they also say that once it is gone you can never get it back, I disagree. People look at trust as if its something that is extremely rare. In my opinion trust is fear, when you first meet someone you trust them without even second guessing it because they are fresh and new, but the minute something happens fear is created which makes you feel like you can no longer trust them, or that it is harder to trust them. Fear is something that controls many of us, but if you can overcome it you will be free from such heavy shackles. 

Once you have been hurt you never want to relive the experience, so you take extra precautions to protect yourself. What many people fail to realise is that this isn’t just with relationships, but with anything that causes us pain, our natural reaction is to fear it, to not trust it. A child gets bitten by a dog so they grow up never liking or trusting dogs, that one experience they carry with them forever, never willing to even give it a try because they are enslaved by their fear to trust. 

When it comes to relationships and trust, if you carry that fear with you into a new relationship you may as just be alone. Not everyone is the same, you have to learn to go into a new situation with a fresh pair of eyes. Having access baggage in any relationship doesn’t leave much room for growth, for happiness, for living. Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real. Yes, everyone is afraid once they have been betrayed and hurt, but to say that trust is impossible to get back once it has been broken isn’t the case to me. Extremely hard is a better description. 

Trust and Believe that although you have been hurt before, that there are still people out there who will actually cherish your trust. Life is meant to be lived, a life without trust is like living your life in a bubble. Fear will rule you, you wont be living to your full potential. Trust and Believe that you are not alone, you are not the only person who has been hurt and you sure as hell wont be the last. Learning how to overcome your fear is what will give you a new lease on life, yes it may be a little easier to say than to put it into action but your happiness depends on it. 

 

 

 DunEen_Signature

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>